Friday, January 6, 2012

Queries for Christmas

This Christmas I received a premium membership to querytracker.net/, courtesy of my mom. It's a website that allows you to search available agents and submit queries to them based on the types of books they represent. You can search by how often the agent responds, how often they ask to see a full manuscript, etc.

I used it throughout 2011 to submit a dozen or so queries for my sci-fi novel. Form letters were the norm and sometimes I received no reply at all, but I did get one full and one partial request. Though both agents declined to represent my manuscript, the fact that they liked what they saw is encouraging. Since I have already declared 2012 to be a year of success, I plan to use this membership as much as I can. I will be published!

No comments: